Dismantleable $ky dish?

Old April 19th 06, 04:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.rec.caravanning

Default Dismantleable $ky dish?

After having *again* failed to get Freeview, or even analogue, in the
Caravan. This time pitched in the middle of nowhere 28 miles from Pontop
Pike through a *large* hill. June has decided that we should have
freesatfrom$ky, Ch4 is considered essential for the documentaries.

We have an old Sky box we could use, with an inverter :-(, but as our van
is quite small carrying a dish would be a problem. A sheet metal dish
would not last long rattling around in the front locker, with miscellaneous
junk.

Is there a Dish which comes apart so that I could carry the dish part
clipped to a wall in an inside locker 43cm high and a bit longer, and have
the stronger bits in the front locker?

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sat Ch4, Ch5, only GBP20
http://www.freesatfromsky.com - "what is freesat?" - "view T&C" -
Old April 19th 06, 07:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.rec.caravanning
Elliott

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
[...]

Dave try this link as it may be of interest to you, we are considering this
also

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...737&T=12012016

Old April 19th 06, 07:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.rec.caravanning
Mindwipe

[...]

Triax TD54, 51/56cm dish without LNB.

http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/sky.htm

lnb from same site

Old April 19th 06, 08:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.rec.caravanning
ALun Jenkins

Mindwipe wrote:
"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message

After having *again* failed to get Freeview, or even analogue, in the
Caravan. This time pitched in the middle of nowhere 28 miles from Pontop

I have one of these. Very small and gave good BBC reception as far
south as Perpignan in France

http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/multimo.htm