Mondeo auto tug oil cooler?

Old April 19th 06, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
pottsy

Default Mondeo auto tug oil cooler?

Hiya all,

A chum is just embarking on this caravaning lark after many years tenting.
He wants to pull with his R reg V6 Mondeo.
Does anybody have any thoughts on whether he should fit another oil cooler
to the gearbox or will the existing one be ok?

Thanx in advance for any help here.

Old April 19th 06, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Willem K

pottsy wrote:
Hiya all,

A chum is just embarking on this caravaning lark after many years tenting.
He wants to pull with his R reg V6 Mondeo.
Does anybody have any thoughts on whether he should fit another oil cooler
to the gearbox or will the existing one be ok?

Thanx in advance for any help here.

Hi Pottsy,
I towed for some years a Hobby 495 of 1400 kg with my 1999 Mondeo V6
automatic. Never had a problem; the car is standard fitted with an
oilcooler. Only the gas-consumption is nearly 50% higher when towing.

Old April 25th 06, 07:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Dunbar \(2\)

As I understand it from my niece's husband, who works in the design
department of Ford on engines, the Mondeo is certainly currently equipped
with towing in mind, but how far back that goes I don't know.

Keith