REQ: New window openers

Old April 20th 06, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nosi-Bugah

Default REQ: New window openers

Hi everyone from sunny IOW

I got a 1999 Lunar Freelander 500 (Chichester Caravans special) and the
window openers have got broken. When I say window openers, I mean the two
extendable metal arms which lock in various positions to hold the window
open. It's not actually the arms that have broken, but the plastic bit which
is attached to the end and screws into the window frame - Any ideas where to
get a new set?

Suppose I could just reach for the heavy duty glue?

Thx.

Old April 20th 06, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bedpan

HI There
I replaced my window openers last year on an Elddis and
found that most BIG caravan retailers stock 2 or 3 sizes of these.
They are straight replacements but probably look a little different.
Easily fitted , just give a little care when screwing onto the actual
window. They are a little pricey about 14 a pair if my memory serves
me right.(maybe each)!!!
The reason I replaced mine was that the hot sun had softened
the plastic part and they had bent. No amount of gentle heat would
allow them to be staightened. Have fun.
Keep yer tools clean and yer
eyesight keen.

Roger

Old April 20th 06, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Edwards

Default New window openers

Hi Thx

When you are next on the mainland try West Hants and Dorset on the A3 (on
the way to Waterlooville). They had quite a few in there last time I looked
and could order them for you if they did not have it. Measure yours first as
there are 2 close sizes (200mm and 220mm ???) and I got the wrong size first
time round.

Paul

Old April 20th 06, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nosi-Bugah

Thx Paul - useful bit of info about the size

Reaching for the tape measure soon.....