Air bed

Old April 21st 06, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BORG

Default Air bed

Anyone know where I can get a smaller than double but bigger than
single 100cm wide 175cm long air bed ?

Or even decent foam to make a mattress ?

Thanks
--

www.ratrodz.co.uk

XJ900 Trike GS850 Trike

[Rot 13 it]

Some people are like slinkys....
no real use but it makes you smile when they fall down stairs!
Old April 21st 06, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"BORG" wrote in message
news
Anyone know where I can get a smaller than double but bigger than
single 100cm wide 175cm long air bed ?

Or even decent foam to make a mattress ?

Thanks
--

www.ratrodz.co.uk

XJ900 Trike GS850 Trike

[Rot 13 it]

Some people are like slinkys....
no real use but it makes you smile when they fall down stairs!

Yes

There's a place in Nelson ( Lancs. )

I'll get the phone number on Monday

DieSea

Old April 22nd 06, 06:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Graham Bowers

BORG wrote:
Anyone know where I can get a smaller than double but bigger than
single 100cm wide 175cm long air bed ?

Or even decent foam to make a mattress ?

Thanks

No idea about an air bed this size, I googled a bit without success, but
I guess you did that anyway.

Decent foam. I recently bought a 2 inch thick memory foam topper off
ebay for 85 quid delivered. You could crop it down to your size, but
it's quite dense, so doesn't pack down, and is quite heavy. I bought it
to chuck on top of some "market foam" cushions that were terrible to
sleep on - bad back's all round. The topper really fixed it, and is
fantastic to sleep on. I have not tried it without the old cushions
below, though.

If this is for a camping application, maybe a couple of Thermarest
mattresses and a doubling kit would be OK, The mattresses come in all
shapes and sizes, but some are 51 cm wide, 2.5 thick and 184 long. I
have used this size mattress for camping on for 10 years or so and I
find them very comfortable.

Hope this helps
Graham