sites in rame peninsula , cornwall

Old April 21st 06, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
toms-auntie

Default sites in rame peninsula , cornwall

hi - please could someone help! I have been looking for ages on the
internet for a camping site for our motorcaravan holiday in June. I
have heard loads of good things about the Rame Peninsula but can only
find 3 campsites on there. One is a family, big one at Whitsand Bay,
one doesn't take dogs (we have 2) and the other one is not answering!
We are looking for a quiet site, no noisy bars or clubs etc, for long
walks, etc - we have a motorcaravan with awning and 2 dogs. I have been
on all the Cornish tourist web-sites and loads more but am getting
no-where! Anywhere on the peninsula would be fine - the names i have
come up with and tried a Rame, Cawsand and Kingsand,(which is our
preferred choice) Portwrinkle, Torpoint, Whitsand Bay, Cremyll,
Crafthole, Millbrook, Caradon .... am running out of options! Have
tried the caravan club web site too.
Anyone have either recomendations or how i can get more information ,
books or websites etc???
thanks in advance (hopefully!!)

Old April 21st 06, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sarah and Lloyd

"toms-auntie" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

hi Tom

Why not go further down. I used to live between Falmouth and Helston and Mum
and Dad still have a farm down there. Its a beautifull part of Cornwall and
its close to places like St Ives, Padstow, Truro etc, plus lots of lovely
camp sites. We were down last weekend and already it is like summer there.
We left a cold and wet Leeds on Thursday and got to mums for a pleasant
evening, lots of the summer flowers are already out and its warm...so my
advice is go further West, you will love it!

If the Rame peninsula is still partcularly where you want to go try tourist
information or have a look at ;

http://www.crabpot.co.uk/
http://www.seeksouthwest.co.uk/accom-camp.htm

Hope that helps!

Lloyd

Lloyd

Old April 21st 06, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Sarah and Lloyd" wrote in message
[...]

There's a caravan club site near St Mawes
If I remember correctly there's a site at Veryan but that was a loooooong time ago

But the Lizard and Helford is a beautiful area , I had the privilege of living
near Manaccan for a couple of years and did a bit of sailing on the Helford

There's a couple of CC sites around Hayle and of course the Tate at St Ives is
good for a visit.

DieSea

Old April 21st 06, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On 21 Apr 2006 11:45:47 -0700, "toms-auntie"
wrote:

[...]

There is a CC CL actually at Rame, under the name of MRS P. M. WILTON,
it looks ideal from the description. Listed under Torpoint on page 290
of the CC book. 3 acres views el pts B&B shingle and sand beach 1m
£6.50 awning £2.50

Bill Lord