New gas regulator

Old April 22nd 06, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
howard.m

Default New gas regulator

Has anybody had trouble with the new style of regulator that are fitted to
new caravans.

We have just return from a week's caravanning and found that the regulator
was playing up - ie very little flame (on red gas) changed over to blue
gas - cooker worked fine. Checked the red gas bottle and was still very
heavy. Next day changed back to red and the cooker worked fine. Asked the
warden on the site and he said that there were many unhappy people who had
complained to him about them.

Anybody got any ideas? (Silly Question)

Old April 22nd 06, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy E

Yes, a hammer is not always the best solution lol, but works well!!! A
little tap cures mine!!!

But seriously the diaphragm spindle sticks sometimes, and the sometimes
chatter. The dealer will have to replace it for you under warranty

AE (a gasman in the know :-))

Old April 23rd 06, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian Pollard

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:51:44 +0100, "howard.m"
wrote:

We have just return from a week's caravanning and found that the regulator
was playing up - ie very little flame (on red gas) changed over to blue
gas - cooker worked fine. Checked the red gas bottle and was still very
heavy. Next day changed back to red and the cooker worked fine. Asked the
warden on the site and he said that there were many unhappy people who had
complained to him about them.

Hi
Just a possibility that the cylinder was overfilled with gas. I
have had this before and it doesn't allow space in the top of the bottle
for the liquid to evaporate into gas. Answer in my case was to blow off
a little of the excess gas until the cylinder worked.

Ian

Old April 23rd 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Not very Techinal

Hi,

Just on a tangent - I'm due to pick up my new van (6 berth Bailey) and
I've been told that despite forking out nearly 10k for the van I have
to pay an extra 20 to have the new style gas connector!!!!! Blond
and sand was I not happy but the dealer showed no sympathy whatsoever.
Anyone else had the same problems?