damp

Old April 22nd 06, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
richard seed

Default damp

I'v got an old leda quantock and discovered a leak. Water has been
getting in via the window and the front drag handles. isthere a book
or web advice on stripping out and mending.

#Also does anyone know where I might get spares?
Old April 24th 06, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
martinedwards

I've just replaced the front inside skin of my '89 Avondale. I did a
similar job on my previous van ('82 Lunar)

Both these had similar construction.

I removed the window rubbers, then stripped out all the soggy ply from
the inside. any rotten wood from frames or corners has to go too.
replace all the removed frames etc and seal well with silicone or
mastic. cut a new inner skin from 3mm exterior ply and trim to fit.
stick it inplace with evostick impact. replace rubbers for windows
with.... yes, more mastick.

if there are any gaps fill with the aerosol foam that you put round
window frames.......

I did the lunar in 2002 and its still bone dry (my brother is living in
it during a house build)