Cold cathode 12v interior lights how much POWER

Old April 23rd 06, 07:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ticker

Default Cold cathode 12v interior lights how much POWER

I have just fitted 2 cold cathode strip light in my van and work well, Not
very bright but good enough for a 12v with NO mains hook up, As my van
standard has 4 x halogen 12v lights and I would imagine they use a lot of
power.
I am trying to find out what sort of power 2 cold cathode strip light pull
some guy say's 500ma the pair
I would like to fit another 2 of them to the other end of the van but this
would make 4 in all
Would this type of light be the best for saving battery power.