Scenic Plus awning type info wanted

Old April 23rd 06, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Terry Birch

Default Scenic Plus awning type info wanted

We have now reached the age where we find it hard work to put up our normal and porch awning, and we have been looking at Sunncamp Scenic Plus, we now see that several other similar awnings are coming on the market. We would very much like to hear the pros and cons of the different makes and models of similar awnings before we buy.
Many thanks in anticipation of all replies.

Terry Birch
Old April 23rd 06, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ticker

We have just bought panorama family 260 see this site as i found it the cheapest with 4.95 delivery,It takes 2 x people 5 mins to put up just 3 fibre poles'
http://www.campingdirect.co.uk/family260.html

Old April 23rd 06, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian B

"Terry Birch" wrote in message
We have now reached the age where we find it hard work to put up our
normal and porch awning, and we have been looking at Sunncamp Scenic
Plus, we now see that several other similar awnings are coming on the
market. We would very much like to hear the pros and cons of the
different makes and models of similar awnings before we buy.
Many thanks in anticipation of all replies.

Terry Birch

Check height details on
http://www.sunnflair.com/awnings/awn...cenicplus.html .
Last year they were quoting different heights, apparently by mistake.
Now has maximum height of 2.4m instead of last years quoted figure of
IIRC 2.55m

We got the Starcamp Contempo last year, made by Dorema but they are no
longer selling the lightweight awnings. I liked the simplicity of
erecting them, they were fairly bright inside and reasonably warm in
the autumn evenings, but the foul weather of last November took it's
toll and when the pegs next to the caravan came loose during the night
the material ripped straight across the awning rail (so much for the
'ripstop' material).

If you're looking to use this awning in generally good weather and the
height will fit your van (preferably 2.3m max floor to awning rail
when level to allow for sloping pitches) I would still say that they
are good value despite losing one last year.

One final note. If you decide to go ahead and get one it may be best
to order one, apparently they are selling as fast as they can make
them (according to a guy at Waudby's - at South Cave, E Yorks.).

HTH
--
Ian B
Please reply to NG