Blair drummond caravan club site in droune, nr Stirling.

Old April 24th 06, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy E

Default Blair drummond caravan club site in droune, nr Stirling.

Anyone stayed here and would like to add some comments for me?

Looks a nice site, but anyone had a bad experience at all please?

AE

Old April 24th 06, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:42:56 +0100, "Andy E"
wrote:

Anyone stayed here and would like to add some comments for me?

Looks a nice site, but anyone had a bad experience at all please?

AE

It's a very pleasant place, the site is great and the walks in the
woods pleasant. I've never stopped there for anything more than a
single night but we have always found it pleasant. Access is easy,
pitches are all good sizes, the tiolet block is clean and well loked
after ( as you would expect on a CC site ) there is a fish and chip
van that calls on a Friday night ( or there was when we were there).
Just a nice relaxed place.
Any bad experiences, well the last time we were there my wife was
letting the dogs out of the back of the car as we arrived and shut the
back door, now just as she pushed the door the collie swished her tail
into the opening and it got trapped by the door, you have never heard
a howling like it, as soon as the door was reopened she set about the
other dog with avengence obviously blaming her. Looking back the
incident was amusing especially as there was no damage done apart from
to her pride.

Bill Lord

Old April 25th 06, 12:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Des

wrote:

[...]

I live about 6 miles away and have been to the site often to pick up Mayday
members! it is a lovely sheltered site well cared for and I have always
found the wardens helpfull (not like some other sites!)
Lots to do in the area historical and scenery (got to say that swmbo works
for the tourist board!)

Oh.. and it's Doune pedant mode off

Doune Castle is a place of pilgrimage for Monty Python fans from all over
the world who come to see the place where they filmed "Monty Python and the
Holy Grail". and they have some coconuts so make it more real!!!!