Gas capacity?

Old April 24th 06, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Gas capacity?

Hi
Could someone inform me as to what capacity a gas bottle should contain?

On the bottle near the tap it has 6.75K which I know is the tare weight and
elsewhere on the bottle with writing it says 3.9Kg.Net would this be the
max the bottle can be filled to?

Many thanks

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Old April 24th 06, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...

.... on the bottle with writing it says 3.9Kg.Net would this be the
max the bottle can be filled to?

It will be the weight they put in.
I believe they do not completely fill them.

Please reply to News Group

Old April 24th 06, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
The3rd Earl Of Derby

David wrote:
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...

... on the bottle with writing it says 3.9Kg.Net would this be the
max the bottle can be filled to?

It will be the weight they put in.
I believe they do not completely fill them.

Please reply to News Group

Hi David
I suspected they wouldn't fill it right up,but half the bottles contents it
can easily accept 5Kg and still be within safety pressure.

Thanks.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Old April 24th 06, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Graham Bowers

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Hi
Could someone inform me as to what capacity a gas bottle should contain?

On the bottle near the tap it has 6.75K which I know is the tare weight and
elsewhere on the bottle with writing it says 3.9Kg.Net would this be the
max the bottle can be filled to?

Many thanks

The following link gives cylinder sizes and capacities.
Cheers
Graham
http://www.calormarineshop.co.uk/ins...um_offtake.htm