Anyone been on cc club site west ayton (scarboro) & rowntree park (york) ratings?

Old April 24th 06, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
missy elliot

Default Anyone been on cc club site west ayton (scarboro) & rowntree park (york) ratings?

Old April 24th 06, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

You may find Beechwood Grange (York) more to your liking as it is on the
edge of the city by the Scarborough Road. I gave a report a couple of days
ago for this site.

All the best, Peter.

Old April 25th 06, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

West Ayton is quite a distance from York, depends where you want to be handy
for Scarborough. You can walk through the lanes to the pub. We have stayed
there once, and it is a typical caravan club site, clean well run etc. Take
the caravan club route at the end of the journey as there is a bad access up
the road and Sat Nav may direct you up there to your peril.
Since then we stay at Jasmine Park near Pickering, which is not a caravan
club site, superb, they take permanent tourers, lovely gardens, permanent
staff always around, and they have a lovely cl site up the road which we are
going to try as we do not need a lot of facilities, there may have been a
children's play area but I didn't remember it and children may get bored.
Mostly regulars from fairly local there.
Liz

Old April 25th 06, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Terry Birch

Both sites are first class and I would recommend them to anyone, West Ayton
is only a stones throw from Scarborough. As mentioned earlier follow the
Caravan Clubs directions from the A64 especially where it says in West Ayton
at the END of the dual carriage way turn right.
Jasmine Park have a site in Snainton, it is a very nice site, but it is
approached down narrow lane (not too many passing places) off the A170
which is about 6 miles further west from West Ayton.

Terry Birch