Caravan Club, worth joining ?

Old April 28th 06, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BORG

Default Caravan Club, worth joining ?

I have a 'Pod' so I don't take up much space. Sometime in the future
I will be pulling it with my Trike, but for now I use my Escort Van
that's also kited out as a small camper.

I would probably use a few sites on route to places I'm going, but
with no deff number of visits.

Would my 'Pod' be classed as a 'caravan' and be allowed on site ?

Would my van be allowed on site as a camper ?

Would both be allowed on site ?

Thanks

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...u/pod/pod2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...u/pod/pod1.jpg

--

www.ratrodz.co.uk

XJ900 Trike GS850 Trike

[Rot 13 it]

Some people are like slinkys....
no real use but it makes you smile when they fall down stairs!
Old April 29th 06, 12:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
G.S

I have been a member of CC for a number of years, ( I am in fact the father
of Dave Fawthrope) and I recommend it highly, young dave and I have spent
many a pleasant hour or two going over the rules and regs of caravanning in
our spare time, sadly, we do not fraternise so frequently now (im sure jnr
will explain why) but to digress, it is a very honorable club to be a part
of, I would encourage all to enrol...

Sir G. String (Fawthrope) MBE, VC, CC Member

Old April 29th 06, 01:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

If you pay your fees I do not see why not. You are a typical upright citizen
and a Brit! You probably make less noise than the people we hate (loads of
kids and/or animals out of control). Your pod may be small but it is a
caravan in every sense of the word. Good on you Borg.

All the best, Peter (fellow inhabitant of South Wales).

Old April 29th 06, 06:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 20:41:30 +0100, BORG wrote:

|I have a 'Pod' so I don't take up much space. Sometime in the future
|I will be pulling it with my Trike, but for now I use my Escort Van
|that's also kited out as a small camper.
|
|I would probably use a few sites on route to places I'm going, but
|with no deff number of visits.
|
|Would my 'Pod' be classed as a 'caravan' and be allowed on site ?
|
|Would my van be allowed on site as a camper ?
|
|Would both be allowed on site ?
|
|Thanks
|
|http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...u/pod/pod2.jpg
|
|http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...u/pod/pod1.jpg

In the Camping and Caravanning Club the answer to all three would be Yes,
because they are organised for tents as well as caravans, and de-facto
anything between.

The CCCs Big Sites Book also lists Commercial sites who if they are
licensed for both Tents and Caravans could have no objection to your pod.

On CCC sites IME people would wander over and ask, What is that?

On CC sites IME they would look down their noses at you :-)
Old April 29th 06, 06:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old April 29th 06, 06:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning