Some help on fitting bulldog stabiliser

Old April 30th 06, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
missy elliot

Default Some help on fitting bulldog stabiliser

hi

bought a s/h bulldog 2000 stabiliser, how do you decide where the
caravan bracket will be fitted, how far up the 'a' frame?

ie: how far up the sprung leaf does the nylon pad have to be

col
Old April 30th 06, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Cole

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:38:50 GMT, missy elliot
wrote:
bought a s/h bulldog 2000 stabiliser, how do you decide where the
caravan bracket will be fitted, how far up the 'a' frame?

ie: how far up the sprung leaf does the nylon pad have to be

col

Fit it so that on one hard lock (left) the leaf doesn't fall out of the
bracket and on the opposite lock (right) so that it doesn't foul the hinge
end of the leaf.

Also make sure that on the second lock above (right), the end of the leaf
doesn't foul the A frame.

Remember also that you need to get the caravan into almost a jack-knife
position to test these two locks, so you will need somewhere large and
empty if you are doing this empirically.

Richard
Web pages: http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/ - caravanning,
http://www.rcole.org/ - personal web site and http://www.homeindorset.co.uk
because I loves the domain name for email.
--
....and now, ladies and gentlemen, before we end the show, I'm advised that
there have been some complaints from listeners about a short break in

Old April 30th 06, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
missy elliot

Default Some help on fitting bulldog stabiliser, ATT richard

thanks for the info
now been told that the caravan bracket, can be fitted by drilling
chassis or using a clamp, my swift has the smaller chassis,(alco) my
van is 1992, so not worried about warranty, so may just drill 2 holes
for the stabiliser bracket fixing.
col

Old April 30th 06, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

Could be wrong

But I believe the Alko Caravan Chassis SHOULD NOT BE DRILLED

DieSea