ABI 2 BERTH CARAVAN

Old May 2nd 06, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

Default ABI 2 BERTH CARAVAN

Just took a chance and bought a 1990 ABI DIPLOMAT 2 BERTH CARAVAN WITH
AWNING, without seeing it. Has anyone got a website where I can see come
photographs of one of these. Paid almost no money for it, but am assured
there is no damp or damage. Also included are things like wheelock, cassette
toilet, etc. What is your opinion of these caravans, and what is the book
price for one of these?

John

Old May 2nd 06, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

Also included...
DOUBLE BED OR 2 SINGLES, THETFORD CASSET TOILET, SHOWER, HEATER, 3 WAY
FRIDGE, HOB/GRILL, WHEEL CLAMP, AQUA ROLLER, GAS BOTTLES.

Old May 2nd 06, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

Old May 2nd 06, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

Old May 2nd 06, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

If it's indeed dry and of good condition I would expect to pay about 800 to
1000 for a 1990 with all the kit you have purchased however I would
remember that most owners do not know how to check for damp and genuinely do
not know their van is damp I drove a 300 mile round trip to see a van that
was "Dry" and found 1/4 of the van rotten as a Pear and an owner nearly in
tears when I pointed it out to him. I would expect to find some in a 1990
van unless it's been kept inside or serviced/resealed regularly. About 95%
of all vans over 5 years old have some damp even if its not visible yet. If
you have been lucky and got a dry one. Reseal it ASAP if you intend to
resell it or keep it more than 3 years.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old May 2nd 06, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Cole

On Tue, 02 May 2006 11:56:58 GMT, "John & Lisa"
wrote:

Just took a chance and bought a 1990 ABI DIPLOMAT 2 BERTH CARAVAN WITH
AWNING, without seeing it. Has anyone got a website where I can see come
photographs of one of these. Paid almost no money for it, but am assured
there is no damp or damage. Also included are things like wheelock, cassette
toilet, etc. What is your opinion of these caravans, and what is the book
price for one of these?

John

Try http://tinyurl.com/pvqae

Richard
Web pages: http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/ - caravanning,
http://www.rcole.org/ - personal web site and http://www.homeindorset.co.uk
because I loves the domain name for email.
--
C. M. O. T. Dibbler liked to be up at first light, in case there was an
opportunity to sell a worm to the early bird. - 'Soul Music' by Terry Pratchett