Dogs - Good or bad?

Old May 3rd 06, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

Default Dogs - Good or bad?

Also on our forums, with images....

http://www.gmails.co.uk/forums/showthread.php4?t=121

As dog owners, I know we do have some difficulty sometimes going to sites
that will accept dogs. Our problem is compounded as we
have a German Sheperd dog, and some people have an instant dislike to them.
I recall once going to a site with our pup, as she was then at 8 or so weeks
old. That was fine, until she reached 6 months old. The site owners saw the
dog and said she had got a bit 'large' for the site (???) and the next time
we came we would have to come minus the dog. As you can imagine, we never
went there again. So, what is the view of the forums of dogs on caravan
sites? Please say whether you own a dog or not when you comment.

Old May 3rd 06, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"John & Lisa" wrote in message
Also on our forums, with images....

http://www.gmails.co.uk/forums/showthread.php4?t=121

As dog owners, I know we do have some difficulty sometimes going to sites
that will accept dogs. Our problem is compounded as we
have a German Sheperd dog, and some people have an instant dislike to
them.
I recall once going to a site with our pup, as she was then at 8 or so
weeks
old. That was fine, until she reached 6 months old. The site owners saw
the
dog and said she had got a bit 'large' for the site (???) and the next
time
we came we would have to come minus the dog. As you can imagine, we never
went there again. So, what is the view of the forums of dogs on caravan
sites? Please say whether you own a dog or not when you comment.

I don't see how anyone can make a sweeping statement about every type of dog
on every type of campsite. ie most people don't mind a non-barking dog that
either craps where it's told or the owner quickly cleans up after it.
However, on a CL where the owner farms sheep you'd still probably not get
much of a welcome.

Rgds

Andy R

Old May 3rd 06, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"John & Lisa" wrote in message
Also on our forums, with images....

http://www.gmails.co.uk/forums/showthread.php4?t=121

As dog owners, I know we do have some difficulty sometimes going to sites
that will accept dogs. Our problem is compounded as we
have a German Sheperd dog, and some people have an instant dislike to
them.
I recall once going to a site with our pup, as she was then at 8 or so
weeks
old. That was fine, until she reached 6 months old. The site owners saw
the
dog and said she had got a bit 'large' for the site (???) and the next
time
we came we would have to come minus the dog. As you can imagine, we never
went there again. So, what is the view of the forums of dogs on caravan
sites? Please say whether you own a dog or not when you comment.

I'm not a dog owner, I don't likedogs and would prefer not to have them on
any site I used - but it's up to me to choose my site accordingly.

If dogs are not allowed and owners take them on site that's just
irresponsible and I'd protest.

Mary

Old May 3rd 06, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

"Andy R" wrote in message

"John & Lisa" wrote in message
[...]

I think the owner didn't care much for German Sheperds. We use a site know
that has no problem with GSDs at all. Maybe he was bitten by one once as a
child, who knows??? Anyway, on the positive side it did cause us to get out
a bit more and look at some other nice sites that were out there, so a plus
point.

John
http://www.gmails.co.uk/forums/showthread.php4?t=121