CC CCC and CL help

Old May 4th 06, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gary G Jones

Default CC CCC and CL help

I have managed to work out that CC stands for caravan club, CCC for caravan
and camping club, but I cannot work out what CL stands for.
Please enlighten me someone.
Thanks in advance
Gary

Old May 4th 06, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Gary G Jones wrote:

|| I have managed to work out that CC stands for caravan club, CCC for
|| caravan and camping club, but I cannot work out what CL stands for.
|| Please enlighten me someone.
|| Thanks in advance
|| Gary

Certificated Location - a small site, usually run as a sideline by farmers,
landowners etc. Maximum 5 vans, normally quiet and rural, and with (in most
cases) few facilities. Those registered with the CC are known as CLs. I
don't know what other organisations call them.

--
Rich
==============================

I don't approve of signatures, so I don't have one.

Old May 4th 06, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old May 4th 06, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old May 4th 06, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 4 May 2006 19:46:33 +0100, "Gary G Jones"
wrote:

|I have managed to work out that CC stands for caravan club, CCC for caravan
|and camping club, but I cannot work out what CL stands for.
|Please enlighten me someone.

Same as a CCC CS ;-)

CL Certified Location for CC
CS Certified Site for CCC.

Both clubs have the right under Law to allow up to five caravans used by
members to use a specific site. For both clubs they are usually nice
secluded quite sites.
Old May 4th 06, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old May 4th 06, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old May 4th 06, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gary G Jones

Many thanks, i never knew that reading a caravan magazine and a newsgroup
would get so complicated, i will dig out the magazine again and now read it
again with a little more knowledge. Its true , you do learn something new
everyday
Cheers
Gary