Change of electrics?

Old May 4th 06, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

Default Change of electrics?

Trading in my 1994 Abbey Dorset van for a 2000 Elddis Cyclone on Saturday.

IIRC, wiring changed in 2000. What, if anything, needs changing on the car
end?

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Old May 5th 06, 01:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

Get yourself a copy of the Haynes caravanning manual. This has a very clear
depiction of car/caravan wiring for towing, both pre and post 2000.

All the best, Peter.

news

Old May 6th 06, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"Budgie" wrote in message
news
Trading in my 1994 Abbey Dorset van for a 2000 Elddis Cyclone on Saturday.

IIRC, wiring changed in 2000. What, if anything, needs changing on the car
end?

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

In short, an additional earth to pin seven, the black wire in the centre
pin. Take a heavy cable directly to an earthing point in the vehicle. Do not
be tempted to loop it onto the white in the socket.

Some of your wiring is no longer required, but it should not affect the
operation of the newer van.

It was 1998 the wiring changed.

Cheers

Old May 7th 06, 05:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

"[email protected] home" wrote in message

"Budgie" wrote in message
news
Trading in my 1994 Abbey Dorset van for a 2000 Elddis Cyclone on

Saturday.

IIRC, wiring changed in 2000. What, if anything, needs changing on the

car
end?

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

In short, an additional earth to pin seven, the black wire in the centre
pin. Take a heavy cable directly to an earthing point in the vehicle. Do

not
be tempted to loop it onto the white in the socket.

Some of your wiring is no longer required, but it should not affect the
operation of the newer van.

It was 1998 the wiring changed.

Thanks for a helpful answer