New 4WD

Old May 5th 06, 12:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default New 4WD

I'm due for a new company car this year and I want to switch my Audi
A4 for a 4WD vehicle. I don't have a fixed budget as such but I'm
looking somewhere upto around 25,000, must be diesel, as econimical
as possible & preferrably with a manual gearbox. I have a 6 berth van
which weighs in at around 1440kg fully loaded. I've scoured the net
and think I'm down to 2 options now. My first choice was originally a
Kia Sorrento 2.5 CRDi XT but I now really like the look of the Hyundai
Santa Fe 2.2 CRTD CDX+. Does anyone who frequents the group have
either of these vehicles or similar models and wants to give me a few
tips on the pro's & cons of each?

I've read mostly good things on the Sorrento, the only negative
comments were that the steering was very light and the interior is
rather cheap looking & basic. The Santa fe has better fuel economy
figures, lower emission rates and looks a little better value for
money.

Any tips on either of these models or any other recommendations would
be most welcome.

....Ludwig
Old May 5th 06, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Terry Birch

Road test what you fancy, then book a road test in a SsangYong Rexton and
you wont even consider the others.

Terry Birch

Old May 5th 06, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

On Fri, 05 May 2006 09:04:48 GMT, "Terry Birch"
wrote:

Road test what you fancy, then book a road test in a SsangYong Rexton and
you wont even consider the others.

I quite like the look of them but having read the review of the Rexton
at
http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/ca...x?model_id=830

which says
"Those who have driven a modern European or Japanese 4x4 will be
unimpressed. The Kia Sorento and Hyundai Santa Fe are less pretentious
and would be far more worthy targets for those looking for a bargain
4x4"
it would seem that not everyone has the same view.

Thanks for the tip, I'll bear it in mind. I'm test driving both the
Sorrento and the Santa Fe tomorrow and we'll see how it goes.

....Ludwig

Old May 5th 06, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote:

|Road test what you fancy, then book a road test in a SsangYong Rexton and
|you wont even consider the others.
|
|I quite like the look of them but having read the review of the Rexton
|at

http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/ca...x?model_id=830

|which says
| "Those who have driven a modern European or Japanese 4x4 will be
|unimpressed. The Kia Sorento and Hyundai Santa Fe are less pretentious
|and would be far more worthy targets for those looking for a bargain
|4x4"
| it would seem that not everyone has the same view.
|
|Thanks for the tip, I'll bear it in mind. I'm test driving both the
|Sorrento and the Santa Fe tomorrow and we'll see how it goes.

Before you buy *ask* about the increased road tax which will apply, and
think that 4x4s, are the governments pet hate, because the generate more
CO2 than normal cars, and that once introduced a tax can and probably will
be increased at each Budget.
Old May 5th 06, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old May 5th 06, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning