Scorpio as tow car???

Old May 5th 06, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Long tall ugly

Default Scorpio as tow car???

Hello All,
Time to out the Espace (got rid of all the 'hangers on'sorry kids)
so I have been offered :-
1) Scorpo 2.0L petrol auto estate Ghia
2) Scorpio 2.5L Diesel Ghia saloon manuel

Is either any good as a tow car?
I have heard they 'blow' their heads?
Any comments apreciated

Cheers

John
Old May 5th 06, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mindwipe

they are getting on a bit now
and yes the heads blow a tad more than is comfortable
perhaps a galaxy 1.9 or scenic 1.9

Old May 5th 06, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lee_D

Long tall ugly uttered summat worrerz funny about:
Hello All,
Time to out the Espace (got rid of all the 'hangers on'sorry kids)
so I have been offered :-
1) Scorpo 2.0L petrol auto estate Ghia
2) Scorpio 2.5L Diesel Ghia saloon manuel

Is either any good as a tow car?
I have heard they 'blow' their heads?
Any comments apreciated

Cheers

John

2.5L will be the VM engine, I had one in a Range rover Classic. Good engine
but lack of routine maintainence by the book results in blown heads. The
Head bolts are supposed to be retorqued at 40,000 miles. Whats the chances
of that actually being done then.

As for the 2. Auto I had one of them and I'd think you'll cook the box
personally unless you have a really small / light van.

I'd look at Omega or such like if thats the age you're looking at.

Lee

Old May 5th 06, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mindwipe

"Lee_D" wrote in message
[...]

just an add on
personally would avoid an auto,my own view