Sterling Europa 520 NT 1998

Old May 6th 06, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gadgetman

Default Sterling Europa 520 NT 1998

Okay can anyone give me weights etc for above caravan. Also will my Citroen
Picasso 2.0hdi be able to tow. Citroen website states

Max towing weight braked 1300

Gadget

Old May 6th 06, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"Gadgetman" wrote in message
g.com...
Okay can anyone give me weights etc for above caravan. Also will my
Citroen Picasso 2.0hdi be able to tow. Citroen website states

Max towing weight braked 1300

Gadget

Not from memory, I'm afraid, but I am sure the MPTLM is less than 1300kg .
Be very careful of Swift Group product of this era. Check the walls very
carefully, including behind the bunk and behind the kitchen.

Cheers

Old May 7th 06, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gadgetman

"[email protected] home" wrote in message

"Gadgetman" wrote in message
g.com...
Okay can anyone give me weights etc for above caravan. Also will my
Citroen Picasso 2.0hdi be able to tow. Citroen website states

Max towing weight braked 1300

Gadget

Not from memory, I'm afraid, but I am sure the MPTLM is less than 1300kg .
Be very careful of Swift Group product of this era. Check the walls very
carefully, including behind the bunk and behind the kitchen.

Cheers

David

Okay I have just checked www.whattowcar.com and think I may have a problem.
Using the Picasso and the Sterling Europa 520NT it looks as if with a
caravan payload of 128kg is the max I can take .
If this is correct it sounds as if I am in trouble. Does this mean
a The car is wrong
b The caravan is not suitable.

I suppose the question is if the match of the two is not good enough which
one is best to change. Will the Citroen Picasso pull anything which is 4
berth comfortably? In which case
A is the answer what so what sort of car should I look for.
b The caravan is too heavy and Is hould look for a lighter variety which the
Picasso will manage.

I apreciate your views and comments

Old May 9th 06, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David @ work

"Gadgetman" wrote in message
g.com...

"[email protected] home" wrote in message

"Gadgetman" wrote in message
g.com...
[...]

I've checked my collection of brochures, Yes I know I'm sad, unfortunately I
don't have a 1998 Sterling one, only a 1999.

It states that the MTPLM for the 520 is 1230 kg, which is less than your
1300 kg limit. The MIRO is stated as 980kg. The 99 model used the same shell
as the 1998 and the Glasses guide states the same weight for both years,
although of course the actual weights will be marked on the plate by the
door,

Cheers