Powrwheel Ltd

Old May 7th 06, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

Default Powrwheel Ltd

Is the comment in this statement fair to people who have one of these
devices?
If suppliers are selling original parts, what is the problem then? If they
are original parts, surely they will have been through a quality control
procedure.
I have to say I have no connection with this company nor do i have a mover.
It is something I just stumbled upon by accident...

"It has come to our notice that some companies are selling original parts of
our Powrtouch product. Due to stringent quality control all parts must be
approved by Powrwheel Ltd. If these parts are purchased and integrated into
our products without our permission their existing 5-year guarantee will be
invalidated..."

http://www.powrwheel.com/

Regards,
John

Old May 7th 06, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

John & Lisa wrote:

Is the comment in this statement fair to people who have one of these
devices?
If suppliers are selling original parts, what is the problem then? If
they are original parts, surely they will have been through a quality
control procedure.
I have to say I have no connection with this company nor do i have a
mover. It is something I just stumbled upon by accident...

"It has come to our notice that some companies are selling original
parts of our Powrtouch product. Due to stringent quality control all
parts must be approved by Powrwheel Ltd. If these parts are purchased
and integrated into our products without our permission their
existing 5-year guarantee will be invalidated..."

http://www.powrwheel.com/

Regards,
John

Surely if you needed replacement parts within the first 5 years, you'd get
Powrtouch to supply them under the guarantee, anyway?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old May 7th 06, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
John & Lisa wrote:

[...]

Good point, the website statement does not make sense thinking about that.

Regards,
John

Old May 8th 06, 04:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

On Sun, 07 May 2006 20:48:54 GMT, "John & Lisa"
wrote:

Good point, the website statement does not make sense thinking about that.

The website statement makes it pretty clear that someone else is
selling parts using a very similar trading name to the company you are
referring to. The warning statement is for your benefit so that you
don't buy parts from the other company and then expect the original
company to cover them under any kind of guarantee.

....Ludwig