SAS200 Alarm - wont activate - ahhh

Old May 8th 06, 07:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Scott

Default SAS200 Alarm - wont activate - ahhh

Hi

Just got my 2003 Abbey Impression 520. It has a SAS200 Alarm System on
it. Ok - the battery was flat when I got it and dealer did say as per
the manual does need a battery charged up = both on van and the actual
alarms battery to get it going as the van had been stood for a few
weeks. This is mentioned in the manual

So - got ot home and hooked the van upto my mains and left for 24hrs,
Went back - now the PIR - movement sensor - that flashes so know its
recognising movement. Went to the main SAS200 Alarm box, and fiddled
with the tilt lever - can see the green light flash on - so gather thats
working. Got both the remotes out - made sure batterys good in both, and
no matter what I press the - cannot get any beeps out of it.

So removed the alarm systems battery and currently charging that up
separatly - just in case the onboard charger does not do it - checked
voltage - 4.8volts when I had removed it from the van..

Any advice though - has anyone had this issue before? Will speak with
dealer who I know will deal with but was hoping to get to get it working
myself.

Scott
Old May 8th 06, 07:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Scott" wrote in message

Any advice though - has anyone had this issue before? Will speak with
dealer who I know will deal with but was hoping to get to get it working
myself.

This manual says the battery should be replaced at 3 years.
http://www.sargentltd.co.uk/SAS200_U..._-_Issue_3.PDF

Please reply to News Group

Old May 8th 06, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
IAN

Get yourself new battery, any electrical wharehouse will have one, I fitted
a 7amp/hr external to the control box, your is Knackered by now, beleive me
I am an alarm installer
Ian