Email from Caravantalk

Old May 8th 06, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sarah and Lloyd

Default Email from Caravantalk

HI there, not sure if anyone else has got a email recently claiming to be
from something called caravantalk but it has a attachment in it and the
words " you will know what to do with this"

Not opened it as I dont trust attachments from people I do not know, but
just wanted to say a heads up just incase it is a malicious attachment,
emails must be got through this or another forum so watch out!

Lloyd

Old May 8th 06, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 08 May 2006 08:37:54 GMT, "Sarah and Lloyd"
wrote:

HI there, not sure if anyone else has got a email recently claiming to be
from something called caravantalk but it has a attachment in it and the
words " you will know what to do with this"

Not opened it as I dont trust attachments from people I do not know, but
just wanted to say a heads up just incase it is a malicious attachment,
emails must be got through this or another forum so watch out!

Lloyd

Hi,

I also tried to join Caravantalk.org and upon getting an email - which
it said I would to activate the account - in came a trojans - and my
anti-virus went ape-**** !!!!

I am pretty careful and scan my system regularly and when I did
another scan (Norton didn't detect anything !) with a trojan remover -
I had two in the system !!!!

I have also got the above email - as far as I am concerned its now a
site to avoid until they get their house in order - looks like
somebody has been doing some serious hijacking !!!!!!

Cheers,

Old May 8th 06, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

wrote:

[...]

The forums are down.

John

Old May 9th 06, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
patrick

wrote:

[...]

I joined that site recently and had no problems until a couple of day ago.

The site has been suspended until it is sorted.

Patrick