Brittany

Old May 9th 06, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Reed

Default Brittany

Hello,

We are hopping over to Brittany at the end of June for two weeks, landing at
St. Marlow. It is our first time in Brittany, and could anyone one recommend
a good quite site or two and is there a best part of Brittany to go?

Thanks

Steve

Old May 9th 06, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

"Stephen Reed" wrote in message
Hello,

We are hopping over to Brittany at the end of June for two weeks, landing
at St. Marlow. It is our first time in Brittany, and could anyone one
recommend a good quite site or two and is there a best part of Brittany to
go?

Thanks

Steve

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0619-0, 08/05/2006
Tested on: 09/05/2006 18:59:01

Steve I will send you an Invite to my photo show on our holiday last year.
Its on a private site.

You will have to download a very small programme that will not have any
effect on your computer. It just lets you view the slide shows.

Then you will go to the one called Brittany.

When you have looked at it (IF you want to) I will tell you where it was all
taken.

I find that some areas are a lot better than other. But June will not be
problem.

Regards

Peter

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0619-0, 08/05/2006
Tested on: 09/05/2006 19:10:07

Old May 9th 06, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Hennigan

Stephen Reed wrote:
Hello,

We are hopping over to Brittany at the end of June for two weeks, landing at
St. Marlow. It is our first time in Brittany, and could anyone one recommend
a good quite site or two and is there a best part of Brittany to go?

Thanks

Steve

Steve

I have just booked my holiday this year to Southern Brittany, this will
be the fifth time in seven years we have been to western France and we
can't get enough.

The first year we went over we went to Le Bohat near Sarzeaux and then
onto L'Abri Cotier on the North Coast of Brittany (near St Brieuc).
This year we are going back down near Vannes and staying at La Brie near
La Trinite-sur-mer.

As we cross over at Dover - Calais, we normally stay a couple of nights
on the way down and a couple of nights on the way back. This year we are
staying at Le Brevedent (near Liseaux) which we have been to before. I
liked the site very much when we last went there, it has a swimming
pool, lake and stream all on site and the countryside around is
beautiful. The chateau on site hosts the shop and a good bar with plenty
of sofas in the lounges for comfort.
On the way back we are staying at Le Colombier (Moyaux) which is not far
from le Brevedent but just places us a little closer to Giverny where
Monets gardens are.

We have also stayed at Le Cormoran on the Cherbourg Peninsula and
Chateaux Les Eaux near Granville and they were both good sites although
Les Eaux can be very busy in high season.

In fact I don't think I have found a bad site yet, unlike some of the
public sites I have endured in England. ( I normally stick to CCC and CC
sites over here because of it).

Steve Hennigan
steve (at) thehennigans (dot) co (dot) uk

Old May 10th 06, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Reed

Very impressive Peter, was that your Freelander broken down? Also did you
visit any camping sites over there or was you staying at hotels?

I also like the Le Brevedent site Steve, but looking at there small map it
looks like it is in Normandy.! Have to look at the French map once I go over
to the caravan; Yep you guessed it I left it in there for some reason!!

Steve

"Steve Hennigan" wrote in message
. uk...