Coil Spring Assistors are they worth it.

Old May 9th 06, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
craig

Default Coil Spring Assistors are they worth it.

I have a 1999 VW Passat that seam to Sat when hitched to my van, if I fitted
Coil Spring Assistors
can I leave them in place or does it alter your ride when solo.

regards
Craig

Old May 9th 06, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Tue, 09 May 2006 19:25:41 GMT, "craig"
wrote:

I have a 1999 VW Passat that seam to Sat when hitched to my van, if I fitted
Coil Spring Assistors
can I leave them in place or does it alter your ride when solo.

regards
Craig

I used them in the past on Caviler,s & Omeger's present MPV springs
are stiff enough not to need then (our Hobby only has a noseweight of
35 kg).
They greatly improve stability when towing (used to put 50-60 bottles
of wine in the boot before getting on the ferry no problems with the
spring assisters. Hardly any noticeable effect solo as they only
effect the spring compression when they are heavily loaded.
i would recommend Grayson assisters they are only a few quid dearer
than Towsure but far superior.

Lenny
www.motoressentials.co.uk
Diesel Power Cetane Booster for a smoother quieter engine.

Old May 9th 06, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff

I fitted Grayson coil spring assisters to a rover 800 that has a long
overhang. They did not affect solo towing, but made a real difference with
the van on the back. I leave the adjusters fully tightened all the time. I
fitted them by compressing the springs whilst very very securely retained
with cable ties, between a pair of long furniture clamps, then holding them
compressed with six more very heavy duty cable ties while I put them in
after separating them from the clamps. Then I cut the ties one by one with a
stanley knife. This way I was able to get them in place without any cutting
of the original spring assembly as per the fitting instructions, which I did
not want to do. Maybe the fitting instructions are different for your car
though.
Geoff.

. uk...

Old May 10th 06, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Cliff Top

Just recently fitted the Grayson rubber block type to my Subaru estate.

Work absolutely fine, and doesn't affect handling. Just a little harder
bounce on the back now over speed bumps etc.

AW

"Geoff" wrote in message
[...]

. uk...