Caravan tyre presures

Old May 9th 06, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
craig

Default Caravan tyre presures

How can you work out the tyre pressures for my van as I only have the
general handbook it does not give specific pressure..... is it done on the
weight of the van.

regards Craig

Old May 9th 06, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

craig wrote:

How can you work out the tyre pressures for my van as I only have the
general handbook it does not give specific pressure..... is it done
on the weight of the van.

regards Craig

What is the max permitted weight of your van (shown on a plate on the
hitch)?
How many wheels has it got?
What size are the tyres? What is load/speed rating on the tyres (a
number/letter combination - e.g. 88T)? What is the max tyre pressure marked
on the tyres?

Supply that information, and we can probably make an intelligent guess of a
suitable tyre pressure.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old May 10th 06, 06:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T.R.

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
craig wrote:

How can you work out the tyre pressures for my van as I only have the
general handbook it does not give specific pressure..... is it done
on the weight of the van.

regards Craig

What is the max permitted weight of your van (shown on a plate on the
hitch)?
How many wheels has it got?
What size are the tyres? What is load/speed rating on the tyres (a
number/letter combination - e.g. 88T)? What is the max tyre pressure
marked on the tyres?

Supply that information, and we can probably make an intelligent guess of
a suitable tyre pressure.
--
Cheers,
Roger
______
PLEASE REPLY TO NEWSGROUP!
Have a look near the door there should be a

plate with the pressures on it

Old May 10th 06, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
craig

ok the details are as follows

MAW 1150
Single axle (two wheels)
Tyres 175 R13 94/92N
Max tyre pressure 55psi

any more info required please let me know

regards
Craig