Truna heater, switch

Old May 10th 06, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geo

Default Truna heater, switch

On top of the Truma heater in my Trekker, there are two dials and
around the left hand one a three position switch. With the switch in
the middle position the heat come out the front of the heater, at the A
position the fan comes on and the heat comes out the air vents, what is
the other (left hand) position for. I can't find any mention of this
switch in the Truma Handbook, but I've noticed it in lots of vans ?

George.

Old May 10th 06, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Geo" wrote in message
oups.com...
On top of the Truma heater in my Trekker, there are two dials and
around the left hand one a three position switch. With the switch in
the middle position the heat come out the front of the heater, at the A
position the fan comes on and the heat comes out the air vents, what is
the other (left hand) position for. I can't find any mention of this
switch in the Truma Handbook, but I've noticed it in lots of vans ?

It is for Manual opperation of the fan. EG Ventilation when the heat its
self is off.

Please reply to News Group

Old May 10th 06, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David @ work

"Geo" wrote in message
oups.com...
On top of the Truma heater in my Trekker, there are two dials and
around the left hand one a three position switch. With the switch in
the middle position the heat come out the front of the heater, at the A
position the fan comes on and the heat comes out the air vents, what is
the other (left hand) position for. I can't find any mention of this
switch in the Truma Handbook, but I've noticed it in lots of vans ?

George.

Did the salesman not do a 2 hour handover explaining all the features?

As mentioned, the 'swoosh' is for manual operation of the fan. This can be
used with
either heat or no heat and directly controls the fan speed. The auto setting
will not allow
the fan to run until it senses heat and will reduce the fan speed when the
heater reaches the
desired temperature, unless you run the auto fan at number 5.

Cheers