satellite tv in caravan

Old May 10th 06, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
martin

Default satellite tv in caravan

hi all , i`m thinking about satellite tv in the van & i`d like to hear your
advice, etc, will i need a viewing card or anything, i don`t have satellite
at home so i am a newbie to this, thanks

Old May 10th 06, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"martin" wrote in message
hi all , i`m thinking about satellite tv in the van & i`d like to hear
your advice, etc, will i need a viewing card or anything, i don`t have
satellite at home so i am a newbie to this, thanks

I'm into satellite TV at home and caravan and from what you have put I do
not think someone with no practical experience will have a happy time with
it in a caravan.

Please reply to News Group

Old May 10th 06, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 10 May 2006 15:18:21 GMT, "martin"
wrote:

|hi all , i`m thinking about satellite tv in the van & i`d like to hear your
|advice, etc, will i need a viewing card or anything, i don`t have satellite
|at home so i am a newbie to this, thanks

If you need Ch4 Ch5 and/pr Sky 3 You need a freesatfromsky viewing card see
sig.

If you only need the Beeb and ITV channels you do not need a card, and can
use a generic digital sat box such a the one from Lidl, when it cones round
again.

If you want $ky premium channels you need a $ky card.

http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/ is a *Must Read*, it has most
everything you need to know

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sat Ch4, Ch5, only GBP20
http://www.freesatfromsky.com - "what is freesat?" - "view T&C" -
Old May 10th 06, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old May 10th 06, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old May 10th 06, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ludwig Van Beethoven

wrote:

hi all , i`m thinking about satellite tv in the van & i`d like to hear your
advice, etc, will i need a viewing card or anything, i don`t have satellite
at home so i am a newbie to this, thanks

If you don't have a digibox and a Sky card you would be better off
buying a Freeview box from Tesco for 30. Someone will no doubt
correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you can receive most if not all
the channels on Freeview that you can get with a digibox & no Sky
card.

I take my Sky with me everywhere and it usually takes no more than 10
moinutes to set up. Only time I've had a problem so far was last
summer when I went to France and that was because we were surrounded
by trees.

....Ludwig