Insect curtain

Old May 10th 06, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

Default Insect curtain

For those who do not have a flyscreen door there is a very good offer next
Monday (15th ) at Lidl of an insect curtain.
It is priced at 2.99 and is very similar to one we had several years ago.
Ours had 3 panels whereas this one has four but if I did not have the fixed
flyscreen |I would not hesitate to buy it. It could readily be adapted to
clip on and off the caravan.

Old May 10th 06, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Stewart" wrote in message
For those who do not have a flyscreen door there is a very good offer next
Monday (15th ) at Lidl of an insect curtain.
It is priced at 2.99 and is very similar to one we had several years ago.
Ours had 3 panels whereas this one has four but if I did not have the
fixed
flyscreen |I would not hesitate to buy it. It could readily be adapted to
clip on and off the caravan.

I couldn't be bothered storing and putting it on and taking it off.

We don't get many insects in the caravan even though we usually stay on
pasture used by cattle ... those which do gain ingress are zapped by the
battery powered - er - insect zapper!

Mary

Old May 11th 06, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

Mary, my wife gets bitten by every nasty that flies or crawls so anything I
can do to keep her from moaning (or suffering) is worth while. Even walking
along the streets of Bruges can get her a bite!
The fly screen we had just lifted on and off 2 supporting clips; we found it
much better than the flyscreen door that we have now as it is quite a bother
to open and unfasten every time you go out. The drape screen could just be
pushed aside if carrying something but the fixed door demands that you use 2
hands - result is that it is rarely used.

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

Old May 11th 06, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gary G Jones

"Stewart" wrote in message
Mary, my wife gets bitten by every nasty that flies or crawls so anything
can do to keep her from moaning (or suffering) is worth while. Even
walking
along the streets of Bruges can get her a bite!
The fly screen we had just lifted on and off 2 supporting clips; we found
it
much better than the flyscreen door that we have now as it is quite a
bother
to open and unfasten every time you go out. The drape screen could just
be
pushed aside if carrying something but the fixed door demands that you use
2
hands - result is that it is rarely used.

Hi Stewart
One product I have found that has not failed me yet is "deet" look for a
bug repellent spray that contains a percentage of "deet" tesco's does there
own labelled version and costs about 4.99 it last for around 6 hours a
spray or so. I have sat fishing amongst god knows how many bugs and things
and have not been bitten, it's not so much a repellant as a spray that makes
it hard for the bugs to find you.

Gary