Brink Towbar & CDF Towbars - MG ZS180

Old May 11th 06, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

Default Brink Towbar & CDF Towbars - MG ZS180

Hello all,

We had a towbar fitted to our car the other day...

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/9...c7f3630142.jpg

We wanted a detachable towbar as the car (an MG ZS180) would look rather odd
with a towbar attached all the time. After a few calls around in the local
area, the supplier who provided our last towbar was tasked to fit the bar.
They quoted 275 for single electrics and 350 for twin.We chose single
electrics.

The fitter arrived and he did struggle a bit to gain access under the car,
particularly with regard to the bolts which locate the bar above the exhaust
system. Nevertheless, after a little while the job was done.

I have to say what a superb job too. The towbar is a Brink bar and there was
no cutting at all required of the rear bumper. In fact, I was very suprised
as unless you knew there was a towbar mounting on the car, when removed you
can't see the monting point nor the electrical socket.

Ten out of ten for Brink and CDF towbars..!

John & Lisa

Old May 11th 06, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mindwipe

"John & Lisa" wrote in message
[...]

in my honest opinion
regardless of cost
always use the genuine towbar for the car
but if in doubt ask your insurance company

Old May 11th 06, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mindwipe

"Mindwipe" [email protected] wrote in message

"John & Lisa" wrote in message
[...]

although not wanting to **** all over you guys
at least check the fixings your selves
i.e tighten all the bolts

Old May 12th 06, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mindwipe

"bill lord" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 May 2006 20:58:03 +0100, "Mindwipe" [email protected]
wrote:

in my honest opinion
regardless of cost
always use the genuine towbar for the car
but if in doubt ask your insurance company

Exactly what is meant by the genuine towbar for the car. The
manufacturers simply buy them in from Witter or Brinks.

Bill Lord

of course they do