Peugeot 607 - Towing problem

Old May 12th 06, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

Default Peugeot 607 - Towing problem

Hello all,

Someone who I work with has a Peugeot 607 and is having some difficulty when
towing his caravan. He says when the car has 5 persons on board and is
towing the caravan the (standard) rear mudflaps on the car ground out. He
says the nose weight of the caravan is correct for the towing he is doing.
He has also resorted to ensuring the front locker is empty and placing all
items beyond the caravan rear axle, but this still does not cure the
problem. I did a quick search on the internet at work last night (as you do)
but found only 1 reference to the same problem. In fact, it was a similar
question on this newsgroup about 4 years ago, without any reply. Can anyone
shed any light as to any known towing issues with this car? If so, are there
any suggestions for a fix?

John

Old May 12th 06, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David @ work

"John & Lisa" wrote in message
[...]

The laws of levers comes in to play here, the 607 has a large rear overhang.

Your friend should maintain the correct noseweight and have spring assistors
or, better still, air adjustable dampers fitted.

Cheers

Old May 12th 06, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mindwipe

"David @ Work" m a r k @ b u r n h o u s e c a r a va n s wrote in message

"John & Lisa" wrote in message
[...]

then again the mudflaps may be fitted too low