Caravan drains !

Old May 12th 06, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Adrian Brentnall

Default Caravan drains !

Hi all

A popular subject, I'm sure g

I have a little Craftsman 132, 2-berth van, with a shower / toilet
cubicle. Above the toilet, in a moulded / fitted arrangement, is a
flip-down washbasin.

We tend to use the shower facilities on the sites that we stay at - so
only really make use of the toilet & washbasin. The washbasin empties
by flipping it up into the vertical position.

So far all of this works well g

Only trouble is, to use the wasbasin you stand in the shower tray, and
some of the waste water shoots back up the shower drain and you get
wet feet.

Now I don't think that this is due to 'levelling' of the van - so I
can only guess that the 'common' pipe into which the washbasin and
shower drains connect, is partially blocked 'downstream' of the join.
It's that corrugated plastic stuff - very small diameter.

What's the accepted wisdom on fixing this ?
I had thought of upgrading the installation with some standard
domestic wastepipe - allowing the shower and basin wastes to connect
into this but assuming that the larger diameter domestic pipe would
allow the water to flow away more readily.

Does that make sense - or am I barking up the wrong tree ??

Thanks all
Adrian
======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply
Old May 12th 06, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Why don't you put a plug in the shower plughole?

Old May 12th 06, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Why don't you put a plug in the shower plughole?

Old May 12th 06, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Why don't you put a plug in the shower plughole?

Old May 12th 06, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David @ work

"Adrian Brentnall" adrian-the papers and the wrote
in message ...
[...]

Hi Adrian

Perceived wisdom now is seperate wastes for shower and basins. If a van has
only two oulets, one will be for shower only.
I doubt there is a blockage, just too much water for the connector.. So I
would suggest splitting the wastes and putting a seperate one in for the
basin.

Cheers

Old May 12th 06, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Adrian
Brentnall writes
Now I don't think that this is due to 'levelling' of the van - so I
can only guess that the 'common' pipe into which the washbasin and
shower drains connect, is partially blocked 'downstream' of the join.
It's that corrugated plastic stuff - very small diameter.

Should be easy to check - get underneath and unplug it all.
--
hugh