Recomendations for Sat Nav

Old May 13th 06, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gadgetman

Default Recomendations for Sat Nav

Does anyone have any preferences for a sat nav system. Bought a tomtom for
work that seems good but never got full postcode part working. Also what POI
are available. ie campsites etc. Suitable roads to tow caravan.
Gadgetman

Old May 13th 06, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Joe R

Hi,
You don't say which TOMTOM you have.
I've used the TOMTOM Go (original) for 2 years now and its great.
Always set it for the fastest route and you will have no problems when
towing.
Used mine in UK & France without problems.
Go to this web site for loads of POI's ( all free apart from Speed
cams)
They have a good file for French camp sites .
http://www.poihandler.com/

Go to this site for CC sites and C&CC site POI's they are excellent
files.
http://www.jollyinteresting.co.uk/pushpins/index.html

Joe R

Old May 13th 06, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Smudge Smith

I use a GO700

Bloody marvellous bit of kit which I wouldn't be without
g.com...

Old May 13th 06, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Smudge Smith wrote:

|| I use a GO700
|| Bloody marvellous bit of kit which I wouldn't be without
|| "Gadgetman" wrote in message
|| g.com...
||| Does anyone have any preferences for a sat nav system. Bought a
||| tomtom for work that seems good but never got full postcode part
||| working. Also what POI are available. ie campsites etc. Suitable
||| roads to tow caravan. Gadgetman

Seconded.

The only problem I have found with the TomTom is that it only seems to
recognise and store locations on roads it recognises. My house is about
100m off a B-road, up an unmade track. I have set the "home" location
whilst sitting in my driveway, but every time I ask it to take me home it
gets to where I turn off the B-road and then says "you have reached your
destination" and then starts spinning its little map round when I turn off
and go up the drive, as if it's lost. My Garmin GPS 12 (no road mapping)
points me up the drive and to exactly where I was parked. Not much of a
problem, then.

For postcodes, just put in the postcode and it goes straight there.
Marvellous.

--
Rich

I don't approve of signatures, so I don't have one.

Old May 13th 06, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old May 13th 06, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman