unusual lighting problem - earthing fault?

Old May 14th 06, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default unusual lighting problem - earthing fault?

The right indicator works fine on my 'van, but when the left indicator
is on, the caravan lights dim in time with the indicator on both
sides, rather than the left indicator light (which doesnt seem to come
on at all). I'm wondering if this is a common problem that someone
else might have come across...

A. Najak

Old May 14th 06, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote in message
oups.com...
The right indicator works fine on my 'van, but when the left indicator
is on, the caravan lights dim in time with the indicator on both
sides, rather than the left indicator light (which doesnt seem to come
on at all). I'm wondering if this is a common problem that someone
else might have come across...

For starters I would check the car socket and caravan plug to see if no
damage. Then see if all the wires are on the right pins.

http://www.towitall.co.uk/trailer_wi...structions.htm

Please reply to News Group

Old May 14th 06, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

I replaced the caravan plug - bought a new one for 3. I followed the
wiring instructions for 12N standard wiring that came with the plug,
restripping all the wires.

I also tried the 'van on another tow car, and the fault was still
there.

Yes, I've figured out its an earthing fault, but now I'm stuck - all
the connections on the plug are ok... Where do I go from here..