Awning poles

Old May 14th 06, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff

Default Awning poles

I'm thinking of getting a new awning, and I quite like the look of the
Dorema range. It is relatively inexpensive to upgrade, at the time of
purchase only, from steel to 'quick system' aluminium poles with springs
holding the sections together, or just a bit more for lightweight
fibreglass poles.
I've got steel poles at the moment, and have all the joins marked up with
different coloured insulating tape, but found the spring linked aluminium
poles I had with a previous van a lot easier to put up. Anyone got any
experience of the fibreglass poles, or any opinions in general before I
splash out, including research of dealers online offering the best prices.
Also, my ground to ground measurement is exactly 8.5m. I thinking of going
for the 8.5-8.75m awning (size 9) rather than the
8.25-8.5m (size 8). Is that right?
thanks
Geoff

Old May 14th 06, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Geoff" wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting a new awning, and I quite like the look of the
Dorema range. It is relatively inexpensive to upgrade, at the time of
purchase only, from steel to 'quick system' aluminium poles with springs
holding the sections together, or just a bit more for lightweight
fibreglass poles.
I've got steel poles at the moment, and have all the joins marked up with
different coloured insulating tape, but found the spring linked aluminium
poles I had with a previous van a lot easier to put up. Anyone got any
experience of the fibreglass poles, or any opinions in general before I
splash out, including research of dealers online offering the best prices.
Also, my ground to ground measurement is exactly 8.5m. I thinking of going
for the 8.5-8.75m awning (size 9) rather than the
8.25-8.5m (size 8). Is that right?

I have a Bradcot with light weight 3 piece Easy frame, it is very good.
Thought Bradcot had the exclusive use of this frame.

Please reply to News Group

Old May 14th 06, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian B

"Geoff" wrote in message
snip
Also, my ground to ground measurement is exactly 8.5m. I thinking of
going for the 8.5-8.75m awning (size 9) rather than the
8.25-8.5m (size 8). Is that right?
thanks
Geoff

Go for the larger size - uneven ground can play havoc with awning
measurements, raising a wheel to level the caravan or a slight dip at
either front or back means the smaller size would no longer fit.
--
Ian B
Please reply to NG

Old May 14th 06, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Ian B" wrote in message

"Geoff" wrote in message
snip
Also, my ground to ground measurement is exactly 8.5m. I thinking of
going for the 8.5-8.75m awning (size 9) rather than the
8.25-8.5m (size 8). Is that right?
thanks
Geoff

Go for the larger size - uneven ground can play havoc with awning
measurements, raising a wheel to level the caravan or a slight dip at
either front or back means the smaller size would no longer fit.
--

Difficult situation. I had the exactly the same problem if I used Isobella
type of sizeing. I put the small one on the caravan and it just fit and as

Please reply to News Group