Caravan Suspension

Old May 15th 06, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rasman99

Default Caravan Suspension

I am looking for suggestions or any pointers here.
I have a 1988 Fleetwood Colchester which has served me well and in reality
owes me nothing.
The problem I have is it is sitting low on one side, I presume this is due
to suspension ageing/failure.
Does anyone know of a company that services these units? I am quite handy
with a set of tools and re-build old motorbikes as a hobby and certainly not
frightened to take on replacing the units
Failing that are there any caravan scrap merchants that would have a set of
replacement units.
As you would imagine from the age of the van it's not worth much and a trip
to a Fleetwood dealer probably doesn't make financial sense, however if I
can resolve this problem I may well get a couple of more years yet (until
the kids grow up and we treat ourselves to a nice new shiny one !!).

Any help advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Rasman

Old May 16th 06, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BILL

"Rasman99" wrote in message
. uk...
I am looking for suggestions or any pointers here.
I have a 1988 Fleetwood Colchester which has served me well and in reality
owes me nothing.
The problem I have is it is sitting low on one side, I presume this is due
to suspension ageing/failure.
Does anyone know of a company that services these units? I am quite handy
with a set of tools and re-build old motorbikes as a hobby and certainly
not frightened to take on replacing the units
Failing that are there any caravan scrap merchants that would have a set
of replacement units.
As you would imagine from the age of the van it's not worth much and a
trip to a Fleetwood dealer probably doesn't make financial sense, however
if I can resolve this problem I may well get a couple of more years yet
(until the kids grow up and we treat ourselves to a nice new shiny one
!!).

Any help advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Rasman

Try this place Rasman its an old established firm, i used to deal with them
many years ago.

http://www.indespension.com/trailers...OVMTC=standard

Old May 16th 06, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"Rasman99" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

I think your van will be on an Alko chasis or similar where there are no
'units' as such, just an axle with the rubbers in.

Best bet is a replacement axle from a breakers, I think it takes a 12 tinne
press to get the stub axles in.

Cheers

Old May 16th 06, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rasman99

"[email protected] home" wrote in message

"Rasman99" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

Thanks for that it has that sort of look about it it , do you know of any
good breakers.

Cheers