Suggestions for our Whit week stay please

Old May 17th 06, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

Default Suggestions for our Whit week stay please

Hello all,

We are looking for a caravan site that is within a couple of hours from
Staffordshire, that we would like to stay for about 3 days the end of the
month (Whit week), to test out our new caravn and awning...
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1018/lunar14ki.jpg

The requiremets we have are not that great other than available space that
week:

1. We have a large dog.
2. Reasonably level grass or hardstanding pitch.
3. Couple of hours drive max, e.g east coast.
4. Reasonable price.
5. No need for clubs, swimming pools etc, but toilet facilities must be
reasonably clean.
6. We have am 18 month old son, so no adults ony sites.
7. We are not currently members of any clubs.
8. A beach is a bonus.

What suggestions acn you offer to us?

Thanks,
John & Lisa

Old May 17th 06, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

You may struggle now for whit week bank holiday will book up quite early.
Why not try Wales Black rock sands caravan park in Portmadog has a beach, or
somewhere along the cardigan bay like Hendre Mynach in Barmouth, the beach
is very near and loads of room for that GSD of yours to run wild.

http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk...krocksands.htm

http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk...ndremynach.htm

This site is nowhere near a beach but is righrt by the Tissington Trail so
you could walk him for miles. Its near to you as well.
http://www.rivendalecaravanpark.co.uk/

Apart from Black Rock sands ( I have not been there yet- I am going myself
at Whit) I can recommend the others and are Dog Friendly. Rivendale has a
big meadow that is perfect for Dogs to run free in as it is fenced in.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old May 17th 06, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sarah and Lloyd

"Tinkapace" wrote in message
. uk...
You may struggle now for whit week bank holiday will book up quite early.

And perhpas if the weather continues as it is now you might not need a site
near a beach!

Lloyd

Old May 17th 06, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

"Tinkapace" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

Hhhmm, that Rivendale site looks very appealing.
Myself and the other half have just been taking a look at their website.
I think it is highly possible we might end up there if they have room that
week.

Thanks.

John.