Bailey Senator Series 5 - Breakdown Cover

Old May 17th 06, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris Hatcher

Default Bailey Senator Series 5 - Breakdown Cover

Hi

I have just got a good quote from Green Flag and discovered that their max
width for caravans is 2.25m (they say that's 7ft) .

My Senator is 7ft 6" wide or 2.28m according to Bailey.

Has anyone got experience of Green Flag and whether AA, RAC have similar
restrictions on caravans.

Thanks

Chris

Old May 17th 06, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Chris Hatcher" wrote in message
Hi

I have just got a good quote from Green Flag and discovered that their max
width for caravans is 2.25m (they say that's 7ft) .

My Senator is 7ft 6" wide or 2.28m according to Bailey.

Has anyone got experience of Green Flag and whether AA, RAC have similar
restrictions on caravans.

How do you think being over thier limit could effect you?

In the case of a car recovery they would put car on transporter and tow
caravan.

Can you imagine a case of caravan problem requireing caravan recovery?
Would that require caravan to be put on Green Flag recovery truck in that
case probably where width comes in.

Now if a caravan recovery required could that be done on your caravan
insurence?

What I'm trying to get at does this width effect you?

Please reply to News Group

Old May 17th 06, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy_R

"David" wrote in message

"Chris Hatcher" wrote in message
Hi

I have just got a good quote from Green Flag and discovered that their
max width for caravans is 2.25m (they say that's 7ft) .

My Senator is 7ft 6" wide or 2.28m according to Bailey.

Has anyone got experience of Green Flag and whether AA, RAC have similar
restrictions on caravans.

How do you think being over thier limit could effect you?

Dramaticaly. Green flag are an insurance company. Why on earth do you
think they would pay out on a claim they don't have to?

In the case of a car recovery they would put car on transporter and tow
caravan.

How long have they been registered as a charity?

Can you imagine a case of caravan problem requireing caravan recovery?
Would that require caravan to be put on Green Flag recovery truck in that
case probably where width comes in.

What are you on about?

Now if a caravan recovery required could that be done on your caravan
insurence?

You need to read the small print, not a lot of policies cover for recovery
of the caravan in the event of failure of the towing vehicle.

What I'm trying to get at does this width effect you?

It will do if the towing company refuse to pull it.

RAC via CCC removes most of these restrictions. If you're relying on the
goodwill of an insurance company to payout on something they don't have to
then you must be bloody mad.

Rgds

Andy R

Old May 17th 06, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Wed, 17 May 2006 21:57:04 +0100, "Andy_R"
wrote:

RAC via CCC removes most of these restrictions.

As does Green Flag via the CC

Bill Lord