Hobby

Old May 17th 06, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

Default Hobby

On Wed, 17 May 2006 00:23:51 GMT, wrote:

Can someone tell me why some insur will not cover Hobby caravans?
Is there a site i should look at before i buy one?

Some insurers view the risk of these caravans being stolen as very
high as they are one of the vans that a certain unmentionable part of
our community seem to be rather partial to them. Other than that some
Insurance companies will only insure certain models since for a large
group of Hobby caravans their sizes mean that only a vehicle with a
kerbweight of over 3.5 tons can legally tow them. If you contact the
CC they will insure any caravan that is street legal in the UK.

Bill Lord