Portable Sat dish & receiver query

Old May 17th 06, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

Default Portable Sat dish & receiver query

I haven't has Sky since 1997 , only had on-digital then Freeview via
terrestrial arial

I too my set-top box away twice but it never got a good enough reception to
pick-up digital TV.

Do these things pic up FREE TV or would I need to have a SKY account?

I saw one set up on a van last week , does anyone have good/bad experience??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Portable-Campi...QQcmdZViewItem

Old May 18th 06, 06:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 17 May 2006 23:15:46 GMT, "ToxOgrady" wrote:

|I haven't has Sky since 1997 , only had on-digital then Freeview via
|terrestrial arial
|
|I too my set-top box away twice but it never got a good enough reception to
|pick-up digital TV.
|

|Do these things pic up FREE TV or would I need to have a SKY account?
|
|I saw one set up on a van last week , does anyone have good/bad experience??
|

|http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Portable-Campi...QQcmdZViewItem

Read http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/ carefully it contains lots of
useful information,

The situation is complex as engineered by Sky to increase its profits.

You can have a sky subscription for the van in which case, it will cost.

You can have a sky STB with a freesatfromsky card which costs GBP 20, see
sig you can receive all the FTA and FTV channels listed on
http://www.wickonline.com/fta.htm *read* the web page carefully.

I think the one on ebay is a generic box which will **NOT** receive Ch4,
ch4 or $ky3. Lidl are selling one on Monday
http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pa...llite_Receiver
Be **first** in the queue when the local store opens on Monday if you want
one. Several people have reported good results from this box here.

There are several other generic boxes for sale

See sig for more information.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sat Ch4, Ch5, only GBP20
http://www.freesatfromsky.com - "what is freesat?" - "view T&C" -
Old May 18th 06, 06:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old May 18th 06, 06:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old May 18th 06, 06:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message

.. Lidl are selling one on Monday
http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pa...llite_Receiver
Be **first** in the queue when the local store opens on Monday if you want
one. Several people have reported good results from this box here.

Will it be southern stores only again as usual?

In which go on Ebay say 24 hours later and bid on one if you are not in an
area served by the Lidl southern distribution depot.

Please reply to News Group

Old May 18th 06, 07:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 18 May 2006 06:23:19 GMT, "David" wrote:

|"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message

|. Lidl are selling one on Monday
| http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pa...llite_Receiver
| Be **first** in the queue when the local store opens on Monday if you want
| one. Several people have reported good results from this box here.
|

|Will it be southern stores only again as usual?

No! it is on the Bradford shop paper leaflet now!
Check your local store paper leaflet.
Old May 18th 06, 07:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old May 18th 06, 07:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning