Power Inverters

Old May 18th 06, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default Power Inverters

I have two power inverters one 200w, one 1200w.
The 1200 w can connect drect to the battery which is fully charged
The problem I have is that either wont power a tv/video combi which is
rate 50 watts. Casn anyone give me any advice on what I am doing
wrong? Any information gratefully received as Im going away this
weekend!
Chris
Old May 18th 06, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
johnh

wrote in message
I have two power inverters one 200w, one 1200w.
The 1200 w can connect drect to the battery which is fully charged
The problem I have is that either wont power a tv/video combi which is
rate 50 watts. Casn anyone give me any advice on what I am doing
wrong? Any information gratefully received as Im going away this
weekend!
Chris

I expect the supply cables to the inverter are too long (via van wiring -
not designed for inverter use). Connect your inverter directly (via a fuse)
to the battery to avoid any voltage drop between battery and inverter. Then
if necessary extend the 'mains' lead.