Thanks

Old May 20th 06, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Elliott

Default Thanks

Our thanks to the wardens and many of the members of Melrose Caravan Club
Site following my accident.

We had been there 4 hours, finished getting the caravan and awning sorted,
just cooked a meal, when coming out of the caravan I tripped and fell, hit
my ear on one of the awning pole wing nuts and ripped most of it off.

Rushed to hospital where it ended up with me having plastic surgery, on our
return several days latter the wardens had looked after our caravan, offered
to drive us home if the need arose and the members of the CC who helped us
take down the awning and pack up.

Just shows what a great caring club we belong to.

We are now going to buy foam padding with which we will cover the poles on
future holidays.

Our thanks to all who helped us.

Old May 20th 06, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BORG

On Sat, 20 May 2006 10:18:49 GMT, "Elliott"
wrote:

Our thanks to the wardens and many of the members of Melrose Caravan Club
Site following my accident.

We had been there 4 hours, finished getting the caravan and awning sorted,
just cooked a meal, when coming out of the caravan I tripped and fell, hit
my ear on one of the awning pole wing nuts and ripped most of it off.

Rushed to hospital where it ended up with me having plastic surgery, on our
return several days latter the wardens had looked after our caravan, offered
to drive us home if the need arose and the members of the CC who helped us
take down the awning and pack up.

Just shows what a great caring club we belong to.

We are now going to buy foam padding with which we will cover the poles on
future holidays.

Our thanks to all who helped us.

Owwch sounds nasty, nice to hear the club helped out though
--

www.ratrodz.co.uk

XJ900 Trike GS850 Trike

[Rot 13 it]

Some people are like slinkys....
no real use but it makes you smile when they fall down stairs!

Old May 20th 06, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

"Elliott" wrote in message
.uk...
Our thanks to the wardens and many of the members of Melrose Caravan Club
Site following my accident.

We had been there 4 hours, finished getting the caravan and awning sorted,
just cooked a meal, when coming out of the caravan I tripped and fell, hit
my ear on one of the awning pole wing nuts and ripped most of it off.

Rushed to hospital where it ended up with me having plastic surgery, on

our
return several days latter the wardens had looked after our caravan,

offered
to drive us home if the need arose and the members of the CC who helped us
take down the awning and pack up.

Just shows what a great caring club we belong to.

We are now going to buy foam padding with which we will cover the poles on
future holidays.

Our thanks to all who helped us.

---------------------

Hi,

Hhhmm, sorry to hear about your accident.
You are going to cover the wing nuts with foam?
....Well, that's fine.
However, what exactly was the root cause of the accident?
What made you trip in the first instance?

John

Old May 21st 06, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Elliott

"John & Lisa" wrote in message

Hi,

Hhhmm, sorry to hear about your accident.
You are going to cover the wing nuts with foam?
...Well, that's fine.
However, what exactly was the root cause of the accident?
What made you trip in the first instance?

John

A simple thing, just tripped comming down the step out of the caravan, plus
rubber soled shoes on (they are now in quarentine :-) )

It could happen to anybody, but its a thing none of us consider or think
about, never thought a wing nut could cause so much damage.