caravan servicing

Old May 21st 06, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

Default caravan servicing

How long do dealers usually keep caravans for a service? Our one amazed us
by booking our one in for a week (said that was the usual length of time). I
would think it gave them time to dismantle and rebuild it but what can lead
to such a length of time being needed?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0620-3, 19/05/2006
Tested on: 21/05/2006 11:38:59

Old May 21st 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"John" wrote in message
How long do dealers usually keep caravans for a service? Our one amazed us
by booking our one in for a week (said that was the usual length of time).
I would think it gave them time to dismantle and rebuild it but what can
lead to such a length of time being needed?

Most customers work during the week, so it makes sense to be able to drop
the caravn off on a Sunday and pick it up the following Saturday.

However, if you need, or can collect you van before that point, then that
should be possible.

If a weeks worth of work is on the premises by the time the workshop starts
on a Monday, it does make the scheduling of the work easier. At this time of
year more people need their vans serviced to keep the warranty valid, so if
a customer were to be delayed in getting to the dealer at a certain time,
the technician could be standing around waiting instead of working. A
situation not desirable from both the customers and dealers point of view.

Cheers

Old May 21st 06, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ludwig Van Beethoven

On Sun, 21 May 2006 11:34:24 +0100, "John"
wrote:

How long do dealers usually keep caravans for a service? Our one amazed us
by booking our one in for a week (said that was the usual length of time). I
would think it gave them time to dismantle and rebuild it but what can lead
to such a length of time being needed?

I'm not able to answer your question, but have you considered using
someone like http://www.caravanbuys.com/happe/happe.htm ? They come
out and service the van at your home or wherever you store it?

....Ludwig

Old May 21st 06, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

[email protected] home wrote:

|| "John" wrote in message
||| How long do dealers usually keep caravans for a service? Our one
||| amazed us by booking our one in for a week (said that was the usual
||| length of time). I would think it gave them time to dismantle and
||| rebuild it but what can lead to such a length of time being needed?
|| Most customers work during the week, so it makes sense to be able to
|| drop the caravn off on a Sunday and pick it up the following
|| Saturday.
|| However, if you need, or can collect you van before that point, then
|| that should be possible.
|| If a weeks worth of work is on the premises by the time the workshop
|| starts on a Monday, it does make the scheduling of the work easier.
|| At this time of year more people need their vans serviced to keep
|| the warranty valid, so if a customer were to be delayed in getting
|| to the dealer at a certain time, the technician could be standing
|| around waiting instead of working. A situation not desirable from
|| both the customers and dealers point of view.
|| Cheers
|| David

The opposite happens with us. Dealer has little storage space, so we are
instructed to deliver the caravan by 9.30 on a weekday and collect by 5pm
the next day. It's a bit of a hassle, as I have to take two days off work,
but usually there's plenty to do around the ranch to occupy my time.

--
Rich

I don't approve of signatures, so I don't have one.

Old May 21st 06, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old May 21st 06, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman