Thetford Flusher Removal

Old May 21st 06, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Edwards

Default Thetford Flusher Removal

Hi

Went away for our first weekend this year. Typically it chucked it down all
weekend. Every thing worked fine except for the flush pump on the Thetford
Cassette Toilet.

It played up last year but eventually started working of its own accord and
never gave up all year.

This weekend it did not want to know so I need to get it out but how?

Has anybody ever got one of these out before and if so how is it done.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Old May 21st 06, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Sun, 21 May 2006 20:51:14 +0100, "Paul Edwards"
wrote:

Hi

Went away for our first weekend this year. Typically it chucked it down all
weekend. Every thing worked fine except for the flush pump on the Thetford
Cassette Toilet.

It played up last year but eventually started working of its own accord and
never gave up all year.

This weekend it did not want to know so I need to get it out but how?

Has anybody ever got one of these out before and if so how is it done.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Pull out the spare toilet roll holder, the pump sits underneath it.

Also check the inline fuse, its a 3 amp blade fuse you get at it via
the outside locker door usually mounted on the back wall above the
waste tank, its liable to corrosion and often gives an intermittent
contact.

Lenny
www.motoressentials.co.uk
Diesel Power Cetane Booster for a smoother quieter engine.

Old May 21st 06, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Lenny
writes
wrote:

[...]

Had the same problem this weekend, but in my case the fuse had actually
blown - it's 2 amp on mine mounted on the underside of the unit. Also
there is a cassette detection switch next to the fuse. Check that it is
not damaged in any way.
--
hugh

Old May 22nd 06, 07:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

I too had this problem to fix this week end.
Remove the pump through the toilet roll holder as mentioned. Im my
case, the impeller was stuck by a piece of grit or something. I
"tweaked it" with a small screwdriver through the inlet, (the blades
can be seen & no undue force was needed). He Presto, we now have
relief!