Bailey Discovery 100

Old May 22nd 06, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Newbie

Default Bailey Discovery 100

After much thought, we've more or less decided to splash out and buy a new
Bailey Discovery 100. It looks like it would fit our needs exactly for the
extra couple of thousand over a secondhand van, with a decent warranty and
avoiding the hassle of trudging around looking at used vans.

What can I expect in the way of 'sweeteners' for a cash purchase at a
dealer? I really don't want to end up having to spend thousands more in
delivery and accessory charges. Am I expecting too much to get water
carriers, battery, maybe awning thrown in? This is our first van purchase
and we want to get up and running as soon as we can now that we've decided
on a course of action.

Cheers!

Old May 22nd 06, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Newbie" wrote in message
After much thought, we've more or less decided to splash out and buy a new
Bailey Discovery 100. It looks like it would fit our needs exactly for the
extra couple of thousand over a secondhand van, with a decent warranty and
avoiding the hassle of trudging around looking at used vans.

What can I expect in the way of 'sweeteners' for a cash purchase at a
dealer? I really don't want to end up having to spend thousands more in
delivery and accessory charges. Am I expecting too much to get water
carriers, battery, maybe awning thrown in? This is our first van purchase
and we want to get up and running as soon as we can now that we've decided
on a course of action.

The thing with Bailey is they only make a limited number per year, so the
dealer might have sold all his and you will ask when can you have your
choosen model.
Yes if the dealer has one he might be tempted to give you something, depend
how hungry he is for a sale.
You need to visit several dealers, it is just like buying a new car.

Please reply to News Group

Old May 22nd 06, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Newbie

"David" wrote in message

The thing with Bailey is they only make a limited number per year, so the
dealer might have sold all his and you will ask when can you have your
choosen model.
Yes if the dealer has one he might be tempted to give you something,
depend how hungry he is for a sale.
You need to visit several dealers, it is just like buying a new car.

Thanks, I should've thought about the fact that there will probably only be
a limited number of new vans. Hopefully we'll be able to at least find one!

Old May 30th 06, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Newbie

Thanks, I should've thought about the fact that there will probably only
be a limited number of new vans. Hopefully we'll be able to at least find
one!

We found one! Picking it up on Saturday. I'll be putting a wheel clamp and
hitchlock on it when it's in storage. Any other recommendations?