Cleaning Grill Pans

Old May 22nd 06, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

Default Cleaning Grill Pans

Hi,

If you like me get really fed up with rust on the painted metal surface
lining the grill pan. Cleaning it with detergent helps clean the paint on
the metal surface, but rust remains in the scratches. So wipe the surface
with some light oil such as 3-in-1, (though even light motor oil would do)
before cleaning the whole thing thoroughly with Fairy Liquid - the best
degreaser there is. The oil removes the rust, and then the Fairy Liquid
removes the oil. Simple
http://www.gmails.co.uk/forums/showt...?p=188#post188
--
John
Building our caravanning web site and forums...

Old May 22nd 06, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"John & Lisa" wrote in message
Hi,

If you like me get really fed up with rust on the painted metal surface
lining the grill pan. Cleaning it with detergent helps clean the paint on
the metal surface, but rust remains in the scratches. So wipe the surface
with some light oil such as 3-in-1, (though even light motor oil would do)
before cleaning the whole thing thoroughly with Fairy Liquid - the best
degreaser there is. The oil removes the rust, and then the Fairy Liquid
removes the oil. Simple
http://www.gmails.co.uk/forums/showt...?p=188#post188

Sound principle but I'd rather use food grade oil for a cooking item.

In fact I just clean such abominations with oil, don't let water get near
them if I can help it.

I'll still looking for a sensible grill pan :-(

Mary

Old May 22nd 06, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

Hello all,

How do you fancy adding any tips to our forums?
All contributions are welcome.
http://www.gmails.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php4?f=25

Old May 22nd 06, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian B

Default Cleaning Grill Pans (tips)

"John & Lisa" wrote in
message ...
Hello all,

How do you fancy adding any tips to our forums?

Given the weather this weekend, how about if you think that you
'might' need a tow off the field (mainly, but not exclusively rally
fields), to come with a tow rope.

It's surprising how many people expect that 4x4 owners already have
one - reality check - they very rarely need one. I towed five off
this weekend, only one had his own tow rope grin it seemed a shame
to get it dirty.
--
Ian B
Please reply to NG