What Caravan 2000 budget

Old May 22nd 06, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ray L

Default What Caravan 2000 budget

Hi everyone, great newsgroup.

Me and the missus are hoping to take up caravanning again after about
10 years (used to take the parents tourer). We have a budget of 2000
and are looking for a large 2 berth as children grown up.

Any advice as to which makes and models are recommended?

Is there anything in particular one should look closely at when viewing
a caravan e.g. areas prone to damp etc?

We have an Audi A6 2.8 petrol car, I presume this would be sufficient
to pull a large 2 berth but not sure.

Any other comments most welcome.

Thanks

Ray

Old May 23rd 06, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Just be careful Mate I had a budget of around the same as you to change my
van it took me from August last year till March this year to find a Dry one.
I did a lot of miles and saw a lot of vans on dealers and private. I have
said on many occasions on this group a caravan repair man I know well once
told me 95% of all vans over 5 years old have some damp. I have seen plenty
of evidence that this is true. Take a damp meter and an experienced
caravanner ( who knows what to look for with you) and NEVER believe anyone.
Even( some on this group will say especially) dealers that's my tip.
Practical caravanning had an excelent guide last month on buying used.
Try and get hold of it. If you cannot email me off list and I will send you
my copy I don't need it.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old May 23rd 06, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nick

I bought a good one on E-bay. As long as you find a local
one for sale, where you can view before bidding, you can
save a fair amount of money and pick up a bargain.

Nick

oups.com...

Old May 24th 06, 05:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ray L

Thanks for your constructive reply Tim. Points taken on board. Thanks
to Nick also for your reply. Cheers Ray & Angie

Old May 24th 06, 05:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ray L

Old May 24th 06, 05:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ray L