Water Connection - Help

Old May 23rd 06, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

Default Water Connection - Help

Hello all,

Help us out please, we are a bit confused with the water connections on our
new caravan.
Please have a look at the below photograph links.

External Connections...
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/3442/ext22hx.jpg

When we bought the caravan, the chap who sold it said we would need to get a
new connection for this, as he needed to keep the one he had. No problem
with that. BUT why do we need this connection? ...I ask as the caravan has
an internal water tank (see below). My first thought was is this is where
you plug the water into a mains water supply ???

Internal Tank...
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/1939/tank11fp.jpg

However, on the photographs he gave with the caravan, the caravan has a
black cylindrical container outside the caravan with pipework going/coming
between the caravan and container. Why would you need two containers of
water?
So what exactly is this for? The waste container as far as I have
established so far, goes at the far rear of the caravan, and this is also
shown in the photos he gave us. I suppose I could give him a ring, but
wondered if you giuys/gals could offer some guidance.

Help.

--
John & Lisa
Building our caravanning web site and forums...

Old May 23rd 06, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

We know, it says that on the cover plate. We know the caravan has a Carver
Cascade 2 heating unit, BUT the connection is surely not soley for the hot
water from the heater is it? ....With cold water for the taps coming from
the internal tank?

Old May 23rd 06, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
les

"John & Lisa" wrote in message
Hello all,

Help us out please, we are a bit confused with the water connections on

our
new caravan.
Please have a look at the below photograph links.

External Connections...
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/3442/ext22hx.jpg

This picture looks to me like the filter on a carver unit

However, on the photographs he gave with the caravan, the caravan has a

black cylindrical container outside the caravan with pipework going/coming
between the caravan and container. Why would you need two containers of
water?

Is it not one where you can have mains services direct to your van via a
container outside which houses a small ball valve so your container is
constantly topped up