Electric shaver point

Old May 23rd 06, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
geoffatmhg

Default Electric shaver point

I am new to caravanning (only 3 trips) so please excuse my na´vetÚ.

I have a 2005 Bailey Senator Arizona and I love it. I would however like to
fit a 12 volt 2 pin socket in the bathroom for charging my electric
toothbrush when away from home for a lengthy time.

All I can seem to find is a flat pin 12 volt socket which will not accept my
round 2 pin toothbrush adaptor/charger. I could of course change the plug on
the charger every trip but that's a bit of a pain.

I have seen a rather expensive (nearly ú40) razor socket which is over the
top as I wet shave.

If such a socket does not exist I thought I might find a 2 pin (flat)
adaptor to accommodate my toothbrush but all I can find so far is a flat 2
pin to 3 pin 13 amp plug, again a waste of time as a change would again be
necessary every trip.

If I could find what I want, I intend to wire it from the light over the
sink or ceiling light in the bathroom as the voltage drawn by the toothbrush
is so very small. I will of course only use it when the caravan is plugged
into mains electricity drawing 230 volts.

Any suggestions welcome.

TIA

Geoff

--
Genuine replies please remove Z from address

Old May 23rd 06, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"geoffatmhg" wrote in message
I am new to caravanning (only 3 trips) so please excuse my na´vetÚ.

I have a 2005 Bailey Senator Arizona and I love it. I would however like
to fit a 12 volt 2 pin socket in the bathroom for charging my electric
toothbrush when away from home for a lengthy time.

Any suggestions welcome.

You could take your fully charged toothbrush with you without a charger. If
yo're only away for a few days it will last - we take ours with us and even
with two people using it it's lasted a fortnight.

Mary

TIA

Geoff

--
Genuine replies please remove Z from address

Old May 23rd 06, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , geoffatmhg
writes
[...]

I'm confused. Is your charger 230v or 12v?
How do you charge it at home?
--
hugh